It took decades to bring BIO-ALGAE CONCENTRATES to the market: decades of studies, rigorous testing for safety and efficacy and monitoring for long-term effects. Now, we can proudly say that BIO-ALGAE CONCENTRATES are safe and effective.
1974: Research Begins
Beginning in the early 70s, the Academy of Sciences and the Ministry of Nutrition in the former Soviet Russia (USSR) invested more than 20,000 person-years and millions of dollars in research and development to produce bio-algae concentrates that would hold extraordinary nutritional properties. Consisting of blends of the best algae among thousands investigated, these concentrates were developed, tested, proven and have now been used for agricultural and human applications for more than 25 years. These research efforts were led by Michael Kiriac, who has dedicated his life to the finding of natural solutions for human and animal health.
“This jar of bio-algae has more nutrients than truckloads of Alfalfa” - Mr. Kiriac, National TV, 1985
Facilities for 600 workers, 200 researchers and 1.5 million egg-laying chickens in 20 buildings
Research and Publications
- Gulea A., Rudic A., Kiriac M., "Optimization of the nutrient composition for algae," Moldova, 1987
- Gulea A., Kiriac M., "Optimization for obtaining fluoride rich algae," Moldova 1987
- Kiriac M., "Optimization of algae bio concentrates for rich carotene content," Moldova 1987
- Kiriac M., "The effects and benefits of bio-algae concentrates," 2000, Canada
- Kiriac M., "How do bio-algae concentrates work?," 2001, Montreal, Canada
- Kiriac M., "Invention of Technology for development of BioSuperfood" - Patent 1080/1-92 0880-3, Moscow, URSS, 1989
- Kiriac M., Gulea A., Rudic A., "Optimization of algae bio concentrates for rich B12 content,"
- Kiriac M., Kiriac L., "Invention of bio-algae concentrates," 2000 Montreal, Canada
- Kiriac M., Kiriac L., "bio-algae concentrates - What is it exactly?" 2001, Canada
- Kiriac M., Kiriac L., "An indispensable ally," 2000 Canada
- Kiriac M., "bio-algae concentrates - Invention for use in industrial animal feeds, Montreal, 2002
- Kiriac M, “Algae production within industrial model in Moldova.” Republican conference on preparation of bio-algae concentrates for the food industry and on valuating the scientific research – Kishinev 1987 – R.S.S. Moldova
- Kiriac M., “Feeding poultry algae” – Moldova Agriculture Revue – 1987
- Kiriac M., Scutaru I., “Methods of utilizing algae for feeding chicken in the poultry industry” – Agriculture Revue – Moscow 1987
- Kiriac M., Rudic A., Scutaru I., “Benefits of algae feeds for the food industry” – Moldova Nutrition Revue – 1988
- Kiriac M., Rudic A., “Algae Growing Installation – Patent MD No.73, 1704712, 1989
- Kiriac M., Scutaru I., “Integration of Spirulina concentrates in the nutrition industry – National conference materials for microbiology and the algae sciences” – Tashkent, Usbekistan 1990
- Kiriac M., Sandu O., “Directed synthesis of algae and invention of bio-algae concentrates” – Isdatelistvo, Moscow 1991
- Thomas, R., Kiriac, M. - Awakening the Genius Within: The Life of Michael Kiriac - Publisher: CompWellness Org. - Pub. USA - Jan 2003.
Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster
The Chernobyl nuclear power plant reactor exploded on April 26th 1986, creating chaos and extreme suffering, but also allowing for the first experiment in the use of bio-algae concentrates with humans.
The disaster was a major event in the life of Mr. Kiriac and his family, and of course for the USSR at large. War measures were enacted for all of Russia after the explosion and were maintained for many months. Mr. Kiriac and his family lived 500 km (about 300 miles) from the epicenter and were subjected to direct radiation from the travelling cloud, as well as contamination of some of the local food and animal produces.
When disaster struck at Chernobyl, Ukraine, it was not only the region around the reactor that was affected. Neighbor state Belarus received 70% of the radioactive fallout and 23% of its territory became contaminated. Thousands of cleanup workers, adults and children were victims of radiation poisoning, which caused disastrous health effects such as degeneration of spinal fluids, liver and bone marrow, as well as anemia, loss of vision and appetite, and a severely compromised immune system. This led to many future and ongoing illnesses including birth defects, leukemia, cancer and thyroid disease.
Due to his previous success using Bio-Algae Concentrates with animals and cancers, Mr. Kiriac was given the opportunity to test its effects on several children and adults suffering from radiation ills. The following results were observed:
- In cases of leukemia, dangerously low white blood cell counts improved in 20 days
- There was regeneration of bone marrow, spinal fluids, blood and liver
- Reduction in children’s urine radioactivity levels by 50% in only 20 days
- And many other amazing results
Those patients who consumed Bio-Algae Concentrates experienced immense improvements in their health compared to those who did not receive algae. Amazingly, several patients in advanced stages of disease who took Bio-Algae Concentrates recovered even with the continuous presence of radiation and contaminated food and water sources.
1999: North American Validation
From 1999 to 2000, working with the research department of McGill University in Montreal, Mr. Kiriac was able to reproduce the poultry productivity results achieved in the U.S.S.R. Working with two tests groups of 13,000 chickens each, the group with bio-algae concentrates added to their grain demonstrated the expected results over the control group not fed bio-algae concentrates: larger eggs, stronger shells, longer egg-laying period, more eggs per month and no diseases. This test was performed twice for further accuracy.
During the 2000 Winter Games held in St. Petersburg Russia, bio-algae concentrates were compared with two other supplements – Ginseng and a Chinese herb. It was reported by the Russian hockey team as the best for: general pain reduction, particularly knee pain as well as faster and better recuperation of energy and blood oxidation after games. Igor Kravcuk and Pavel Bure, team members and NHL players, sponsored the test and carried BSF to the team in Russia, as well as reported these successes to Mr. Kiriac in Montreal.
For the next two years, additional research was performed by independent researchers at a Medicinal Research University in Quebec City, this time on the effect of bio-algae concentrates on prostate cancer and leukemia. The results showed that bio-algae concentrates were more efficient when taken in small amounts administered frequently throughout the day acting as a trigger for the body’s self-healing power.
In partnership with BioNutrition, BIOAGE brings the bio-algae concentrates formulas to the American market. From the beginning, working with health practitioners and supporting new research and case studies, the formulas have been well received, and now after a decade are distributed to the larger public.
Other Algae Research
- Human Studies Confirms Spirulina's Role As An Anti-Cancer Agent - Department of Immunology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Higashinari-ku, Osaka 537-8511, Japan
- Immunostimulating activity of lipopolysaccharides from blue-green algae. by L. Besednova, et al. 1979. Pub. in Zhurnal Mikrobiologii, Epidemiologii, Immunobiologii, 56(12) pp 75-79. Russia.
- Terao, J. Antioxidant activity of beta-carotene-related carotenoids in solution. Lipids, 24: 659-661., 1989
- Torrissen, O.J., R.W. Hardy, and K.D. Shearer. Pigmentation of salmonids carotenoid deposition and metabolism. CRC Crit. Rev. Aquat. Sci., 1: 209-225., 1989
- Miki, W. (1991) Biological functions and activities of animal carotenoids. Pure Appl. Chem., 63(1):141-146.
- Inhibitive effect and mechanism of polysaccharide of spirulina on transplanted tumor cells in mice. by Lisheng, et al. 1991.Pub. In Marine Sciences, Qingdao, N.5. pp 33-38. China.
- Palozza, P. and Krinsky, N. I. Astaxanthin and astaxanthin are potent antioxidants in a membrane model. Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 297:291-295., 1992
- Study on effect and mechanism of polysaccharides of spirulina on body immune function improvement. by G. Baojiang, et al. South China Normal Univ. China. Pub. in Proc. of Second Asia Pacific Conf. on Algal Biotech. Univ. of Malaysia. pp 33-38. April 1994 China.
- Enhancement of antibody production in mice by dietary spirulina. by Hayashi, et al. Kagawa Nutrition Univ. Japan. Pub. in Journal of Nutr. Science and Vitaminology. Japan., June 1994
- Immune enhancement potential of spirulina in chickens. by M. Quereshi, et al. Poultry Science Assoc. Department of Poultry Science, North Carolina State, NC. Pub. in Journal of Poultry Science Vol 73, S.1. p. 46. USA., August 1994
- Britton, G., S. Liaaen-Jensen, and H. Pfander. Carotenoids today and challenges for the future. In: Britton, G., S. Liaaen-Jensen, and H. Pfander [eds], Carotenoids vol. 1A: Isolation and Analysis. Basel: Birkhäuser., 1995
- Lawlor, S. M. and O'Brien, N. M. Astaxanthin : antioxidant effects in chicken embryo fibroblasts. Nutr. Res., 15:1695-1704., 1995
- Torrissen, O. J. and Christiansen, R. Requirements for carotenoids in fish diets. J. Appl. Ichthyol., 11:225-230., 1995
- Immunomodulary effects of spirulina supplementation in chickens. by M. Qureshi, et al. North Carolina State. Pub. in Proc. of 44th Western Poultry Disease Conference, pp 117-120. USA., May 1995
- McCoy, M. Astaxanthin market a hard one to crack. Chem.& Eng. News, 77: 15-17., 1999
- Miller, J.B., Wolever, T.M.S., Colagiuri, S. and Powell, K.: The Glucose Revolution, Publishers Group West, 1996
- Williams, R.: Biochemical Individuality - 1956, University of Texas Press
- Loomis, H. F.: Enzymes, The Key to Health - 21st Century Nutrition Publishing, 1999
- Nutritional aspects of Spirulina - Antenna - Jacques Falquet, 1996
- Grow your own Spirulina - Antenna - J. P. Jourdan, 1999
- Moldova Person of The year (Michael Kiriac) - Moldova Television, Documentary 1987-Extracts from Documentary 2002
- Nominated Moldova Person of the year: In 1987, Mr. Kiriac was nominated the person of the year in his country of Moldova for his altruistic support of the Chernobyl crisis and for the resounding achievement and successes at the most economically important poultry center with its financial return for Moldova. A 110-minute-long documentary film was made for the occasion and introduced on national television by Mr. Ciubuk, the then Prime Minister of Moldova and his Minister of Finance.
- Gold Medal - New Technology for Algae Production - asi, Romania - This innovation was applied in the largest poultry farms of Moldova and was recognized at the International Exhibition For Research In Industrial Invention, 1994
- Silver Medal - Element of Protein Synthesis - Pittsburgh USA - This innovation was well received and recognized during the Show Management Index sm IX., 1995
- Gold Medal & Special Award - Earth Ecology - (Brussels, Belgium 1995) Industrial Use of Poultry Waste (Droppings) - Invention honored and recognized during the International Eureka Show, granted by deheer Lue Van Den Bossch. The goal of this innovation was in the elaboration of a new technology, which uses transformed poultry droppings at an industrial level.
Please Note: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.